Copyright & Trademark Notice
All mySmartSimulations®, Inc. products are copyright protected. Any use of these products must fall under the licensing agreement for each product. Any use of the trademarks of mySmartSimulations®, Inc. must be pre-approved by mySmartSimulations®, Inc..
What is a Copyright?
Copyright is a form of protection provided by the laws of the United States (title 17, U.S. Code) to the authors of "original works of authorship," including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works. This protection is available to both published and unpublished works. Section 106 of the 1976 Copyright Act generally gives the owner of copyright the exclusive right to do and to authorize others to do the following:
- To reproduce the work in copies or phonorecords;
- To prepare derivative works based upon the work;
- To distribute copies or phonorecords of the work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending;
- To perform the work publicly, in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and motion pictures and other audiovisual works;
- To display the copyrighted work publicly, in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and pictorial, graphic, or sculptural works, including the individual images of a motion picture or other audiovisual work; and
- In the case of sound recordings, to perform the work publicly by means of a digital audio transmission.
For more information go to http://www.copyright.gov/.
What is a trademark?
A trademark is a word, name, symbol, device, design, phrase, sound, or color adopted and used by mySmartSimulations®, Inc. to identify its goods and services and to distinguish them from other goods and services. Trademarks are usually noted with either a TM or a � symbol. In the United States, a trademark that is noted by a TM has not been registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and a trademark noted with an � has been registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Trademarks, however, may also be registered internationally and each country has different laws regarding the proper notation of trademarks.
For more information go to http://www.uspto.gov/.
Referential trademark usage
You may use a mySmartSimulations� trademark or product name to refer specifically to such mySmartSimulations� products in marketing and promotional materials, books, conferences, applications, demonstrations, and so on. You are permitted to use a mySmartSimulations� trademark referentially provided that:
- You receive written permission from mySmartSimulations�
- You adhere to these mySmartSimulations� Trademark Usage Guidelines.
- You do not disparage mySmartSimulations� or mySmartSimulations� products and services.
- You include a disclaimer that mySmartSimulations� does not sponsor, affiliate, or endorse your product, and/or services.
General trademark usage guidelines
- Use appropriate markings. Always capitalize the product name and designate the trademark with the appropriate TM or � symbol. Also, the first usage or most prominent usage of a mySmartSimulations� product name must be used in conjunction with the mySmartSimulations� trademark and in the same type size, font, color and line.
- Use mySmartSimulations� trademarks as adjectives. Always use mySmartSimulations®, Inc. trademarks as adjectives that describe the generic product. A trademark is an adjective to be used with the noun it modifies.
- Do not use any mySmartSimulations®, Inc. trademark as your trademark, service mark, trade name, domain name, product name, or logo. mySmartSimulations®, Inc. trademarks identify the goods and services of mySmartSimulations®, Inc.. No third-party may use any mySmartSimulations®, Inc. trademark as their trademark, service mark, trade name, domain name, product name, or logo. You must have your own distinct trademark, service mark, trade name, domain name, product name, or logo that does not include any mySmartSimulations®, Inc. trademarks. You may, however, referentially use the mySmartSimulations®, Inc. trademark in connection with your product. Also, you may not use a variation, combination, or abbreviation of a mySmartSimulations®, Inc. trademark.
- Attribute ownership of mySmartSimulations®, Inc. trademarks to mySmartSimulations®, Inc.. When you refer to a mySmartSimulations®, Inc. trademark, please include the notice of trademark attribution where appropriate, such as on your product, printed materials, and online.
Specific trademark usage guidelines
- Logos. You may not use any mySmartSimulations®, Inc. logos (including buttons and graphic symbols) without a trademark license from mySmartSimulations®, Inc..
- Merchandise items. You may not manufacture, sell, or give away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing mySmartSimulations®, Inc. trademarks or logos, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from mySmartSimulations®, Inc..
- Slogans and taglines. You may not use or imitate a mySmartSimulations®, Inc. slogan or tagline such as "The formula for interactive simulations."
Third-party trademarks, trade names, product names and logos, contained in this website may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.